PELVIC FLOOR, FEMALE CHAIN REACTION SEMINAR, CALGARY, NOVEMBER 7-8, 2015. Hosted by Intrinsi
Posted on: Sep 2, 2015 by admin | No Comments
Save $ 125 with our early bird offer on this course available until September 30th (regular price $850 plus gst, early bird discount $725 plus gst) – read on for more details or REGISTER HERE.
This course will provide a comprehensive understanding of pregnancy issues; pelvic floor dysfunction, incontinence issues, and how to utilize functional principles and strategies to prepare and protect the pelvic girdle as it applies to women spanning all ages.
This seminar will include lectures, case studies, breakout sessions and a pelvicore exercises rehab training session.
You will come away from this course with the most unique and cutting edge, therapeutic approach to help your clients, friends or yourself.
This workshop will provide you with the following:
* Anatomy & biomechanics of the pelvic floor muscles and pelvic girdle
* Common biomechanical deficits present with pelvic floor dysfunction
* Functional strengthening of the pelvic girdle during pregnancy
* Labor/Delivery guidelines
* Postpartum Rehabilitation/Prevention of future pelvic girdle dysfunction
* Observe and understand ground reaction forces through the foot, hip and knee and their effects on the pelvic floor
* Understanding prominent athletic injuries for the female athlete
* Hypertonicity of the pelvic floor in the female athlete
* Functional Assessment of the pelvic floor and the pelvic girdle
* Functional Treatment of the pelvic floor/ pelvic girdle utilizing functional tools
* Integration of treatment principles into your current practice
* Utilize functional exercise program with the pelvicore ball
By understanding pelvic floor muscle function you will see how it effects almost every patient/client you currently treat
Christina Christie, P.T., C.C.E., completed her B.S. in Physical Therapy at the Chicago Medical School in 1990. Since that time she has been leading the evolution of pelvic girdle/floor rehabilitation. She is recognized globally in this field as an expert in functional rehabilitation.
Christina has specialized in the evaluation and treatment of female patients during pregnancy, with incontinence and pelvic floor dysfunction, orthopaedics and sports related injuries for over 25 years and is also a childbirth educator.
As a Fellow of Applied Functional Science she incorporates she is an international presenter for the Gray Institute. She is also president of Pelvic Solutions and you can find out more about her here: pelvicsolutions.com
In this course Christina will transform knowledge into function and give you treatment principles and tools to integrate into your current practice
“I learned in the first 2 hours of class what I have needed for about 8 years of working with a biofeedback incontinence program. Very clearly presented. An essential course for anyone working with women and applicable to all patients.”
“This was a great topic and you made us think about the body as a whole, not just the area that the symptom is occurring.”
“This info really is applicable to all patient populations not just women or UI patients, which makes it so exciting to take back to use.”
Dates: November 7th & 8th 2015
Location: Hotel Blackfoot – Calgary, Alberta
Early Bird Price (until September 30th): $725 CAD
Regular Price: $850 CAD
Registration: Call Intrinsi on 403 229 9214 or click here to pay & register
8 – 8:30 am Registration
8:30- 5 pm Class Time
8 – 9:30 am Pelvicore Circuit Training
10 – 4 pm Class Time
Leave a Reply
|Your Name: *|
|Your Email: *|
|Your Comment: *|